Print Page | Close Window

Sofa to let go

Printed From: Webportal.com.my - Malaysian Forum
Category: Sports, Hobbies & Interests
Forum Name: General Interests & Hobbies
Forum Description: Modelling, Aeromodelling, R/C cars, Stamp Collecting, Cooking, Gardening...
URL: http://www.webportal.com.my/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=442
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 1:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Sofa to let go
Posted By: tuliperfancy
Subject: Sofa to let go
Date Posted: 06 May 2019 at 4:03pm
Anyone know a good place to sell sofa and other furnitures? Me and my husband will be moving to a new apartment and we wanted to have a new set of interior, but the things in our current apartment is still in good condition.

Replies:
Posted By: Daphne1212
Date Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:27pm
how long have you been using the furniture? which types of sofa is that?

Posted By: Dees
Date Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:31pm
maybe you can ask the furniture shop nearby ur house. some of them buy and sell second hand furniture too

Posted By: tung22
Date Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:36pm
why dont you just leave it in the current apartment? the transport fees for these furniture quite expensive

Date Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:41pm
if can sell the old furniture then at least can get some money to buy for new oneLOL

Posted By: tuliperfancy
Date Posted: 07 May 2019 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by tung22 tung22 wrote:

why dont you just leave it in the current apartment? the transport fees for these furniture quite expensive

I dont think the owner of the house wants it... And I might need the money for later usage... 

Posted By: ivyivy
Date Posted: 08 May 2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Daphne1212 Daphne1212 wrote:

how long have you been using the furniture? which types of sofa is that?

Yeah, how good is 'good condition'? I mean if its as good as new, you have better chances to sell it.. But still not many shops would take it in at a high price

Date Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by ivyivy ivyivy wrote:

Yeah, how good is 'good condition'? I mean if its as good as new, you have better chances to sell it.. But still not many shops would take it in at a high price

selling in online platform normally higher price but the problem is the transportation for the furnitureErmm

Date Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:50pm

Yup agree, even when the items is in good condition, not many shops are willing to buy at high price. How about selling it online? 

Date Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by tuliperfancy tuliperfancy wrote:

I dont think the owner of the house wants it... And I might need the money for later usage... 
maybe you can deal with the next tenants to buy the furniture from you? so that no need to move out the furniture

Posted By: loklok
Date Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:58pm
just sell it in online platform, everything you can sell online nowadaysLOL

Posted By: shadajie
Date Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Dees Dees wrote:

maybe you can ask the furniture shop nearby ur house. some of them buy and sell second hand furniture too

Usually they buy in for a very low price only and anything higher they wont consider, so I guess it is better to sell to others who are in need of them.

Date Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:15pm

selling in online platform normally higher price but the problem is the transportation for the furnitureErmm

If furniture I guess the only way to deal is through COD, might need to have a discussion first on who will be transporting the furniture, the seller or the buyer himself come to pick it up.

Posted By: nannylim
Date Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by tuliperfancy tuliperfancy wrote:

If urgent I guess the best place should be through online selling platforms, thousands of people are visiting these sites everyday and for sure some of them would be looking for used furniture to buy.

Date Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by shadajie shadajie wrote:

Usually they buy in for a very low price only and anything higher they wont consider, so I guess it is better to sell to others who are in need of them.

Yeah that's for sure since they are only be reusing some of the parts to make into new ones while discarding the others, so they not going to buy in unless they could get some profit out of it.

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:46pm

If furniture I guess the only way to deal is through COD, might need to have a discussion first on who will be transporting the furniture, the seller or the buyer himself come to pick it up.
wow i never think about CODShocked its a great idea to solve the transportation problems. maybe both of you can just pay half for the transportation

Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by nannylim nannylim wrote:

If urgent I guess the best place should be through online selling platforms, thousands of people are visiting these sites everyday and for sure some of them would be looking for used furniture to buy.
these kinds of second hand furniture can sell in online platform also? i never seen it beforeShocked

Posted By: loklok
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:53pm

Yeah that's for sure since they are only be reusing some of the parts to make into new ones while discarding the others, so they not going to buy in unless they could get some profit out of it.
not many shops willing to buy in used furniture nowadays. many ppl tends to buy furniture from online platform, lazy to go to furniture shop

Posted By: Delicia
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:56pm

yeah ur right. i bought my sleeping sofa from online platform and it helps me save money

Posted By: ivyivy
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:03pm
got a few platform that can sell online like abumama

Posted By: zhengmuu
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:16pm

these kinds of second hand furniture can sell in online platform also? i never seen it beforeShocked

I cant say for sure for other platforms but from I had seen at Carousell there is a furniture category on their website so you probably can give it a visit if you are interested.

Posted By: zhengmuu
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:21pm

wow i never think about CODShocked its a great idea to solve the transportation problems. maybe both of you can just pay half for the transportation

Yup, that's why I prefer online platform that offer COD as one of the options instead of everything through online banking, especially for furniture where the shipping gonna cost a ton Cry

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:57pm

got a few platform that can sell online like abumama
haven heard about this platform before. any other recommendation? im finding some easy platform for my mum

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by zhengmuu zhengmuu wrote:

Yup, that's why I prefer online platform that offer COD as one of the options instead of everything through online banking, especially for furniture where the shipping gonna cost a ton Cry
but sometimes COD also will charge quite high for furniture transportation as the thing is too big

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:03pm

I cant say for sure for other platforms but from I had seen at Carousell there is a furniture category on their website so you probably can give it a visit if you are interested.
this category only showing second hand furniture or there is some new furniture?

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:05pm

sometimes you might try to deal with the seller for COD if you are near to the seller, some of them are able to provide COD 

Posted By: aimbot
Date Posted: 11 May 2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Delicia Delicia wrote:

haven heard about this platform before. any other recommendation? im finding some easy platform for my mum

It is very easy to use I can assured you, I also taught my mother how to use Carousell and currently she is already selling some of our old stuff at home through the platform, you can refer to the link below on the easy steps required to start selling.

https://blog.carousell.com/how-to-sell-on-carousell/ - https://blog.carousell.com/how-to-sell-on-carousell/

-------------
not now not today

Date Posted: 11 May 2019 at 11:02am

Well at Carousell you can arrange whether to COD or online banking if the seller is okay with it, furthermore as the seller you will also be able to obtain the money immediately when the deal is done without needing to go through a third party.

-------------
not now not today

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:02pm

this category only showing second hand furniture or there is some new furniture?

There are both new and used stuff available at Carousell so you need to see the description first before buying. It is recommended that people should sell at Carousell instead of just using FB because when people are browsing the platform they have the intention to buy something, while at FB they would just scrolled over.

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by aimbot aimbot wrote:

Well at Carousell you can arrange whether to COD or online banking if the seller is okay with it, furthermore as the seller you will also be able to obtain the money immediately when the deal is done without needing to go through a third party.

Yes this is true, in addition there are also no charges for listing your items for sale on Carousell so you can list whatever that you wanted to sell without worrying about the fees that you need to pay, just snap a picture and upload it immediately, very simple.

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by aimbot aimbot wrote:

It is very easy to use I can assured you, I also taught my mother how to use Carousell and currently she is already selling some of our old stuff at home through the platform, you can refer to the link below on the easy steps required to start selling.

https://blog.carousell.com/how-to-sell-on-carousell/" rel="nofollow - https://blog.carousell.com/how-to-sell-on-carousell/ - https://blog.carousell.com/how-to-sell-on-carousell/" rel="nofollow - https://blog.carousell.com/how-to-sell-on-carousell/

One thing to take note of is that the default distance when searching for items is within 25 km from your location, so if the items you wanted is not found nearby you can change the location to cover the entire country, pretty sure you would find the things that you want.

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:36pm

There are both new and used stuff available at Carousell so you need to see the description first before buying. It is recommended that people should sell at Carousell instead of just using FB because when people are browsing the platform they have the intention to buy something, while at FB they would just scrolled over.

As most ppl are assessing Carousell through the mobile app, they will frequently update the app once every one or two weeks in order to ensure any bugs are cleared to improve the users' experience, nobody would want to use a buggy app right?

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:16am

Yes I agree with this statement, and business on Carousell is very easy to manage through their app, just make sure you turned on the notification setting so that you would receive all the customers' message immediately, wont be bothering you too much and manageable even for someone with a full time job.

-------------
not now not today

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:19am

One thing to take note of is that the default distance when searching for items is within 25 km from your location, so if the items you wanted is not found nearby you can change the location to cover the entire country, pretty sure you would find the things that you want.

There is also an image search option in Carousell so even though you might not the exact name of the items that you want you can just snap a photo and search it through Carousell, the accuracy is very high so usually you are able to see what you want in the search results.

-------------
not now not today

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:29am

As most ppl are assessing Carousell through the mobile app, they will frequently update the app once every one or two weeks in order to ensure any bugs are cleared to improve the users' experience, nobody would want to use a buggy app right?

The app is pretty efficient for both sellers and buyers as they could communicate directly through the private message system without needing to resort to exposing their phone numbers, especially for sellers where displaying their phone number publicly might not feel very safe for some of them.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net