Print Page | Close Window

Used Furniture to let go [con: 80% tiptop!]

Printed From: Webportal.com.my - Malaysian Forum
Category: Sports, Hobbies & Interests
Forum Name: General Interests & Hobbies
Forum Description: Modelling, Aeromodelling, R/C cars, Stamp Collecting, Cooking, Gardening...
URL: http://www.webportal.com.my/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=411
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 6:55pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Used Furniture to let go [con: 80% tiptop!]
Posted By: zhengmuu
Subject: Used Furniture to let go [con: 80% tiptop!]
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:45pm
Recently my wife loves to follow Marie Kondo, a Japanese Organizing Consultant and got influenced by the concept Marie Kondo brings up. Since then she starts to reduce the numbers of furnishes in our house. So there are few furnishes in a good condition need to sell out. But I have no idea how to sell it. 

Replies:
Posted By: razileman
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 3:12pm
Why suddenly ppl now keep on following that konmari trend? I think its not that interesting.

Posted By: ryan_ap
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by zhengmuu zhengmuu wrote:

Recently my wife loves to follow Marie Kondo, a Japanese Organizing Consultant and got influenced by the concept Marie Kondo brings up. Since then she starts to reduce the numbers of furnishes in our house. So there are few furnishes in a good condition need to sell out. But I have no idea how to sell it. 
I thought marie kondo is more towards tidying and organizing to minimize space. So are letting go your closets and cabinet ar? 

Posted By: zeecherry
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by razileman razileman wrote:

Why suddenly ppl now keep on following that konmari trend? I think its not that interesting.

r u serious? she promotes simple n elegant lifestyle which bring positive energy to ur house. wat do u mean not interesting?

Posted By: TrinnyTrin
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by zeecherry zeecherry wrote:

r u serious? she promotes simple n elegant lifestyle which bring positive energy to ur house. wat do u mean not interesting?

I think as of current we Malaysian are still new to this idea so cant really adapt it fully yet in our daily life, its okay for us to refer to the lifestyle of the other country and not just stick to our traditional way of living.

Posted By: yoyo44
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:23pm
Hmm maybe you can try to ask around your friends and relatives? See whether they are interested or not to buy it for a cheap price, and ask them to relay the message to other people that they know, maybe some of them are moving to a new house and in need of some furniture but dont want to dish out a large amount for a new set.

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:11am
Originally posted by yoyo44 yoyo44 wrote:

Hmm maybe you can try to ask around your friends and relatives? See whether they are interested or not to buy it for a cheap price, and ask them to relay the message to other people that they know, maybe some of them are moving to a new house and in need of some furniture but dont want to dish out a large amount for a new set.

That might work but usually when I tried to sell to people I know it just doesn't work  Wacko Either they try to negotiate the price as low as possible or straight up rejecting me, better sell to strangers.

Posted By: razileman
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by zeecherry zeecherry wrote:

Its a subjective matter. You think its elegant doesnt mean every sees the same way.

Posted By: Josh
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 3:07pm
Well nowadays there are a lot of online platform that you can use to sell the stuff you dont need anymore, for example one of them is Carousell which I had been already been using for quite some time to sell off some of my furniture when I decided to move to a new house.

Posted By: icuucm888
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:13pm
Really... Carousell is suitable place to sell furniture because i have sell my chair before i left to China. Then i saw that many people are looking second hand furniture. So, the reason why i sell my furniture. 

-------------
icuucm888@gmail.com

Posted By: icuucm888
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:22pm

Here is the advice, i have experience when i selling my product. Carousell is the one option we can choose to sell for it. This is because Carousell just ease to use it just snap and upload. Carousell also help our customer does not required to their personal information safety.

-------------
icuucm888@gmail.com

Posted By: henrykim8889
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:07pm

-------------
Hi love to travel

Posted By: yoyo44
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Josh Josh wrote:

Well nowadays there are a lot of online platform that you can use to sell the stuff you dont need anymore, for example one of them is Carousell which I had been already been using for quite some time to sell off some of my furniture when I decided to move to a new house.

What sort of things are people selling at Carousell? And do I need to do any sort of verification to be a certified seller at the site? I think some site have such feature in order to prevent scamming incidents. 

Posted By: kimberlim
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:23pm

What sort of things are people selling at Carousell? And do I need to do any sort of verification to be a certified seller at the site? I think some site have such feature in order to prevent scamming incidents. 

Well ideally you dont really need to go through those complicated stuff in order for you to start selling at Carousell, a simple snapshot of your product and uploading it will do, and even if you want to do some minor editing to your photo to make it looks better you just directly use their own photo editor.

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by kimberlim kimberlim wrote:

Well ideally you dont really need to go through those complicated stuff in order for you to start selling at Carousell, a simple snapshot of your product and uploading it will do, and even if you want to do some minor editing to your photo to make it looks better you just directly use their own photo editor.

That sounds really convenient for me,. As a newbie.. I am very okay with this app. Not about the photo editor but the way they try to reach the buyer really help me to sell my stuff

Posted By: kimberlim
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by TrinnyTrin TrinnyTrin wrote:

That sounds really convenient for me,. As a newbie.. I am very okay with this app. Not about the photo editor but the way they try to reach the buyer really help me to sell my stuff

You are able to share the link of your sellings through Whatsapp to people who you think are interested with. You can also share it directly to Facebook and also to specific Carousell groups where the items that you are selling are relevant to. This way also can help u too

Posted By: maximoo
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 12:14am
such a coincidence bump with this thread. I’m also trying to sell my tv cabinet cause i had to move out from my house in 2 weeks. Why nobody have interest with my tv cabinet? Pinch

Posted By: gongzaimee
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 12:33am
Originally posted by maximoo maximoo wrote:

such a coincidence bump with this thread. I’m also trying to sell my tv cabinet cause i had to move out from my house in 2 weeks. Why nobody have interest with my tv cabinet? Pinch

its not that people not interested with your tv cabinet, maybe its because the way you promote & advertise didnt reach / didnt attract enough the buyer. Some buyer want to see the picture clearly and some buyer like ads with details as they can easily understand the ads without long texting with the seller. Most people usually like used item if the price suits with the condition. 

Posted By: planetuntiil
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 12:39am
Originally posted by gongzaimee gongzaimee wrote:

its not that people not interested with your tv cabinet, maybe its because the way you promote & advertise didnt reach / didnt attract enough the buyer. Some buyer want to see the picture clearly and some buyer like ads with details as they can easily understand the ads without long texting with the seller. Most people usually like used item if the price suits with the condition. 

Agreed. U can take TT ads as an example. Only by reading the title u already knew its a used furniture and knew the conditions. To make your life easier, as per others forumers suggested, u can just use carousell because market at carousell for used item are highly demand. 

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 12:59am
its not like I never promote anywhere. I’ve posted on facebook but seems like no feedback or response from any buyer.

Posted By: tcandy
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 1:21am

its not like I never promote anywhere. I’ve posted on facebook but seems like no feedback or response from any buyer.

I think FB are not really suitable to sell preloved items. Its becoz if the potential buyer are not in ur friendlist, their messages will be filtered in ‘request message’ status. Usually there will be no notifications popup. Maybe that is why u think no one interested on ur tv cabinet.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 2:19am
OH MY GOD!!! You are totally right. I just checked my FB and there are 8 ‘request message’ asking regarding my used cabinet. Why there are no notifications? Huarggghhhh Cry

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 2:42am

OH MY GOD!!! You are totally right. I just checked my FB and there are 8 ‘request message’ asking regarding my used cabinet. Why there are no notifications? Huarggghhhh Cry

See...seems like I’m right. Hurmmm.. I think u better use carousell; Easy to publish items’ pictures and the notifications will pops-up immediately if have any. Different with other platform.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 3:26am
Its very unlucky for me didn't knew carousell from the beginning.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 3:28am
Sokay, its not too late for you to use carousell. Hopefully your tv cabinet can sell quicker cause many people are onto carousell right now.

Posted By: gongzaimee
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 3:31am

Since Carousell have lots of users, you can selling new or used or preloved items. Besides that, there are also users promote their service at carousell. Regarding scammer issues, u not have to worry much cause carousell always monitor their users all the time.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net