Webportal.com.my - Malaysian Forum Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

is international call rate expensive?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
annely View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is international call rate expensive?
    Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 9:57pm
recently when i go to my dad's shop to help him, i always see those workers from indonesia go to the petrol station to top up their hp credit ler. really curious how come they spend so much on the phone. so i went to ask them and just realized that they have to make call back to their country to stay connect with their friends and family. jz wondering is the international call rate that expensive? cz i really see them top up everyday leh.
partyhoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partyhoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 10:13pm

the calling rates sure expensive la..the calls is made to overseas lo…normaL what cz the rates within msia aleardy so expensive dy…

why not use apps? Can save the calling charges by using apps..ppl now mostly use apps to call overseas liao lo..

toyi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 11:10am
Originally posted by annely annely wrote:

recently when i go to my dad's shop to help him, i always see those workers from indonesia go to the petrol station to top up their hp credit ler. really curious how come they spend so much on the phone. so i went to ask them and just realized that they have to make call back to their country to stay connect with their friends and family. jz wondering is the international call rate that expensive? cz i really see them top up everyday leh.

maybe you can suggest him to use IDD,different telco offer different rate now.
you can ask him to do a simple survey and choose the most suitable telco for himself..
annely View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 10:20pm
they just want to use to make call only, cz they not using smartphone, cant afford la.. lol
btw, i will go to singapore to work also sometimes, i always use the free wifi to connect and contact my friends and family only. save money mah.. haha
joshualim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshualim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 7:26am

Prepaid now very troublesome la…have to remember the expired date and have to remember to keep top up. If forget to reload, then everything gone..sumore now got gst leh..every top up have to pay gst…more burden.life is hard now…

rachelj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 9:48am

i heard my fren told me celcom xpax is offering low rates for IDD now..there are different rates to call to different country such as thailand,india,indonesia,china and many more other countries..i think that the call rates is quite affordable,indonesia also quite cheap,only start from 9sen..
you can find the rates from this website
http://www.xpax.com.my/idd_prepaidcoveragerates

Edited by rachelj - 22 Apr 2015 at 9:49am
zhengmuu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhengmuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 5:21pm
what?! xpax call rates offer to Indonesia only start from 9sen? are u kidding me?
Digi IDD to Indonesia call rates start from 22sen leh!!!!
OMG.. I have to share this info to my colleague asap
mensye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mensye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 5:28pm
wow... call to China start from 5 sen oh
DIGI charge 40 sen per minute, damn expensive!!
seems XPAX offer lower call rates, i think i should switch to XPAX
battlewish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlewish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 7:22am

It is understood that every one has different choice. If no, how the various telco in the market going to survive…hahaha

Like me, I prefer celcom cz the rates offered by them is low and sumore their coverage is wide compared with others..but I more preference with the data plan…did celcom has any good plan for data ?hahaha

genniee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genniee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 10:58am
Originally posted by rachelj rachelj wrote:

i heard my fren told me celcom xpax is offering low rates for IDD now..there are different rates to call to different country such as thailand,india,indonesia,china and many more other countries..i think that the call rates is quite affordable,indonesia also quite cheap,only start from 9sen..
you can find the rates from this website
http://www.xpax.com.my/idd_prepaidcoveragerates
my neighbor also need a telco that offer lower international call rates,as she need to call her son who working in India before.
she spent almost RM100 every month to call her son,she ask me to recommend her some cheap telco plan.
thanks for  your sharing,this information is so helpful to my neighbor..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic